High-quality processed namako (sea cucumber) caught in Hokkaido. Namako is believed to be nutritious and beautifying, and it is valued as an ingredient in luxury Chinese cuisine and traditional Chinese medicine. Japanese namako from Hokkaido is known as the highest quality in the world!
Hokkaido namako is not only high quality, it has large bumps and a beautiful appearance. That's why dried namako is experiencing huge popularity and being mass-exported to the Chinese-speaking world.
Exclusively Grade-A namako without additives (no salt or sugar added in processing) is shipped directly from the factory and packaged for you.
Hokkaido namako has an especially good texture. It is often used in sunomono vinegared salad in Japan, but also makes a great addition to Chinese cuisine.
Ingredients: namako (sea cucumber)
Volume: 250 g (size S: about 45-55 pieces, size M: about 25-35 pieces, size L: 20-25 pieces)
Made in: Japan
Serving instructions: Reconstitute in water, then cook as desired.
How to reconstitute namako:
1. Fill a pot with water, place dried namako inside, and leave for at least 48 hours. (Change water every 8 hours.)
2. Put pot on heat for 40-60 minutes without letting it boil or covering it. Turn off heat, cover pot, and let it cool naturally.
3. Cut open belly vertically, cut off mouth, and remove innards. Change water and put in refrigerator for 2-3 days. (Change water every 8 hours.) It is ready to cook when it is soft.
Namako simmered in oyster sauce:
Reconstituted namako, Chinese ham extract, oyster sauce, tamari soy sauce, shang tang soup stock (niban dashi / second brew), potato starch, oil, thick green onions (use the white portion for this recipe).
1. Briefly boil the namako and remove.
2. Pour oil into earthenware pot, add namako and stir-fry briefly, season with oyster sauce, then pour in shang tang soup stock and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add a small amount of oil and the white part of the green onions, stir-fry, then add tamari soy sauce and potato starch to thicken.
4. Add a bit more oil and stir-fry briefly to finish.
Keep out of high heat and humidity and direct sunlight.
Consume the same day after reconstituting.
Storage: store away from high heat and humidity and direct sunlight.
Manufacturer: Takesho Co., Ltd.
Package design and stated contents may change due to item revision.
Item No. V00665999028